Quick Inexpensive 3D Printing

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I have .stl files for two objects, smaller than 3/8” x 1/4” x 4”...

I’m new to 3D printing, but expect to place a large order soon.

I just need these two pieces printed to ensure that the design holds together.

So if you have a recommendation and link to a resource you can recommend - I’d be very happy.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I have .stl files for two objects, smaller than 3/8” x 1/4” x 4”...

I’m new to 3D printing, but expect to place a large order soon.

I just need these two pieces printed to ensure that the design holds together.

So if you have a recommendation and link to a resource you can recommend - I’d be very happy.
I'm not familiar with any 3d printing services supplier out there, but I can tell you that I've owned (and did some mods) a Monoprice printer for a year now, and I'm satisfied with the results.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I'm not familiar with any 3d printing services supplier out there, but I can tell you that I've owned (and did some mods) a Monoprice printer for a year now, and I'm satisfied with the results.
Thanks. I’ve been looking at these myself. But this time, I need 7 day turnaround.

I’m looking at Shapeways, only because these are two small pieces. Otherwise, I think I can do much better.

Or I can pay $50 and do it at Boston Makers.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Addendum: if I have several iterations, the $50 becomes less of a barrier. The only unavoidable barrier then becomes the training time the Makerspace requires...

jgessling

Joined Jul 31, 2009
Our city library has a 3D printer that can be used for free. I suggest you look around at local schools/libraries/civic agencies. Maybe you can find a similar resource in your area. Best of luck.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Addendum: if I have several iterations, the $50 becomes less of a barrier. The only unavoidable barrier then becomes the training time the Makerspace requires...
We offer 3D printing at our University, they do one offs type stuff. Check around the local Universities, maybe even High Schools. If you have the file, they can do it.

kv