Question

Batoul_5

Joined Dec 30, 2015
Hi all,

My home work question is Design a multiple sequence recognizer i.e. for example, a circuit which can recognize 10011011, 11010111 and/or 01010101

but actually I can't draw the state transition diagram correctly, Because I have 9 state to recognize those number. I don't know I write it this way but if anyone can correct my mistake, how many state should I have to create the diagram? please I really need help and maybe some of you will think I'm stupid because it is a silly question for many, but as it is the first major subject for me, these materials are new and I really trying to do my best. I hope you will help me out to solve this question.

Thank you all.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
The first step is:
How many sequences are there to be recognized?
The examples you provided are 8 bits each, 2^8=256. So. There are total of 256 sequences. How many sequences do you need to recognize?

Batoul_5

Joined Dec 30, 2015
The first step is:
How many sequences are there to be recognized?
The examples you provided are 8 bits each, 2^8=256. So. There are total of 256 sequences. How many sequences do you need to recognize?
Okay first can we recognize two different numbers in one FSM machine?!
and we need 256 sequences to recognizer, how can I draw the diagram it will be too big.

Sorry I'm really confused could you explain more? I'm really sorry for bothering you, Thank you for your help!

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hi all,

My home work question is Design a multiple sequence recognizer i.e. for example, a circuit which can recognize 10011011, 11010111 and/or 01010101

but actually I can't draw the state transition diagram correctly, Because I have 9 state to recognize those number. I don't know I write it this way but if anyone can correct my mistake, how many state should I have to create the diagram? please I really need help and maybe some of you will think I'm stupid because it is a silly question for many, but as it is the first major subject for me, these materials are new and I really trying to do my best. I hope you will help me out to solve this question.

Thank you all.
How are the bits going to be presented, in serial or parallel?

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Here's a copy/paste from the sticky in this forum:

Responding to threads:

When responding to threads, please follow three key rules:

1. Treat all members with respect.

Remember the members here have different levels of knowledge and understanding; please take this into consideration when assessing the validity of their questions.

2. Authors vary in their clarity.

If you are unsure of the original question, ask for clarification. When answering a question reply in a manner that you would like someone to respond to your query. Where appropriate, cite sources where the questioner can read more about the topic.

3. Think before you reply.

Your response is how people perceive you in this worldwide forum.
You'll find it here.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Anyone who has missed or doubts the mods' commitment to maintaining civility on this forum needs to pay closer attention to the rules and also the MANY posts by mods recently regarding proper conduct on the boards.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
@shteii01 : On behalf of a lot of us, thanks for the apology.

We all (myself included) need to exhibit more patience when responding to new members who exhibit the posting shortcomings that we tend to see over and over -- remember that the new member has very likely NOT seen them and is feeling their way around what is and is not expected.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
in parallel. But my question is how many state needed to draw the state transition diagram, can I do 4- state for my example?
If the bits are presented in parallel, then there is no need for a state machine at all.

Can you design a circuit that recognizes (i.e., produces a T/F output) upon seeing the pattern 10011011 (presented all at once as an 8-bit input value)?

Can you design circuits that recognizes the other two?

Can you design a circuit that takes the three outputs of these three circuits and produces a T/F output if any of the three is producing a T output?