Question storage cards sdhc and microsd

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
It depends on how long you mean by long term, how they're stored, what the underlying FLASH chips are (MLC or SLC), and the initial FLASH quality.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I would avoid anything with PVC or similar. It gets sticky and can make stuff around it sticky too. Won't ruin the chip, but may contaminate the contacts. Glassine (as used by stamp collectors, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glassine#:~:text=Glassine is a smooth and,it or make it opaque ) and the older fibrous stuff that was used for CD's is probably safer. Fabric is also good.

If the sleeves are made of Nylon or polyester (Dacron) , that is probably OK. As usual, the description mentions "Nylon" but is vague about where it is used.

micksmelanie

Joined Jun 27, 2020
do you recommend or not this aliexpress bag to store microsd and sdhc cards for years or months? I will buy on Aliexpress to save my cards

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I recommend it as highly as I trust Amazon and Aliexpress product descriptions to be full, complete, detailed, and accurate. The description says "Nylon." If that is the only polymer or other substance used, then trust it.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
So far as I can tell, you only linked to one storage device. You seem convinced by the Aliexpress advertisement. Buy it. If after a few years all of our devices are ruined, apply for a refund. Seems fair.

micksmelanie

Joined Jun 27, 2020
I haven't bought it yet I seek guidance if this aiexpress bag is the best option for storing many units of microSD and SDHC cards