Question regarding MP1584EN IC

Thread Starter

Peter5510

Joined Jan 19, 2014
2
Hi All,
This is my first post in this forum. Since this is my first post, I don't think I can post a link to the datasheet. This IC is on driver board of an Acer LED monitor. One of the zener diodes connected to this IC is shorted. I check the IC with multimeter and pin1 is shorted to ground. Is this IC still OK ?

Thanks in advance.
 

Thread Starter

Peter5510

Joined Jan 19, 2014
2
Thanks for your reply.

The zener diode is connected to Pin 1. I desolder the zenered diode and it measured OK with a multimeter. This leads me to think that the short lies elsewhere. Anyway, I replaced the MP1684EN IC but it didn't fix the problem. Nearly killed the board because I didn't fully desoldered the ground pad of the IC. :(
 
Top