Question For The Mods !

Electric Al

Joined Nov 6, 2013
I have been into the site for a year or two , and I had a desktop shortcut for the site .

Now when I try to access the site from the desktop shortcut it brings up error 404 and it will not bring me to the site .

The way I have to go to the site now , is by accessing my favorites , then it works .

Anyone know why ? Should I try to make a new desktop shortcut ?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
It is no longer forums.allaboutcircuits.com, but rather forum.allaboutcircuits.com - you'll need to update your shortcut accordingly...

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
It is no longer forums.allaboutcircuits.com, but rather forum.allaboutcircuits.com - you'll need to update your shortcut accordingly...
OMG! This change will break the entire google db.

Usually, when migrating a website to a new platform, I try to sanely redirect links so that google goes somewhere useful.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
OMG! This change will break the entire google db.

Usually, when migrating a website to a new platform, I try to sanely redirect links so that google goes somewhere useful.
Google will figure it out, the database is constantly changing and updating links... When was the last time you saw a dead link on Google?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Hmm... I can't seem to find any references to forums.allaboutcircuits.com... Maybe it always was the current way....

@Al, what is the URL your shortcut is directing you to?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Don't know when that change occurred. I just clicked on my usual link today and it went straight to the site. I did need to re-enter username and password.

John