Question about "The Art of Electronics"

Martín Mateos Sánchez

Joined Dec 9, 2018
Hello! I'm just passing by and I need some information about the book "The Art of Electronics". I'm a geek of electronics and I don't have an electronic-related book yet, and I've found some information of this book and it has caught my attention. I know it is more like a reference manual, but since it is also "Learning the Art of Electronics" maybe both can work fine together. I want to buy it but I would like to know if it focus on the following topics, since the index which is available doesn't give me a lot of information:

- Small-signal analysis of BJT and FET transistors
- All-related to Operational Amplifiers
- Negative Feedback
- Clear explanation of Bode diagrams

Let me know if these are good books for someone that is studying telecommunication engineering, have more or less a good knowledge in these topics and wants to know more about this world. Could you maybe tell me some other books that have helped you in your studies?
Thank you!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You may be better advised to search out texts that zero in on the particular area rather than a general reference as AofE.
Max.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
There are three editions of that book. To which one does, "the book," apply. I mention that, as some people still prefer the second edition as a beginning.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
A couple of thinks to note, is that they do not include a electronic symbol chart and use the Earth Ground symbol throughout as power common.
Max.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
I bought a copy of the second edition when it was still current. I've barely looked at it, but if I had had a similar book 20 years earlier I think I would have found it extremely helpful. It covers a lot of topics at sort of an upper-beginner, low-intermediate level in sufficient detail to be useful, in my opinion, but nothing in great detail, which of course isn't surprising for a single book, even if it is rather large.

LvW

Joined Jun 13, 2013
- Small-signal analysis of BJT and FET transistors
- All-related to Operational Amplifiers
- Negative Feedback
- Clear explanation of Bode diagrams
For my opinion, as far as the last two topics are concerned the mentioned book (AoE) cannot be recommended.
For example, I prefer "Sergio Franco: Design with Operational Amplifiers and Analog Integrated Circuits".

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
For an excellent basic introduction to RF techniques I would recommend "Electronic Communications" by Shrader. Sixth Edition. Found on Amazon.....10 bucks.

Have never found a better text book on electronics.