Question about AT42QT1011 data sheet

bmbouter

Joined May 29, 2021
I'm new to electronics, and I'm looking at the AT42QT1011 SOT23-6 data sheet. On page 4 I see Cs and Cx in the reference circuit, and it also makes mention of a bypass capacitor (makes sense).

One implementation of this reference circuit is in the sparkfun board. In its circuit diagram and I see C1 is the bypass cap, C2 is Cs, but where is Cx?

The theory I have is that Cs is 10nF and they disinclude Cx. What do you think?

bmbouter

Joined May 29, 2021
It would have been good to mention what the device of that part number was.
I'm pretty new at this; so thanks for helping me make better posts. I'm a little unclear on what info I should provide. Letting me know would also help me for next time. Thanks!

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
In general, the more that we are told about the situation relative to the question the better the chance of at least one person having a useful answer. Otherwise you may get a collection of random guesses to the question they think you asked. And sometimes that additional contect information will point some of us right at the answer.

Last edited:

bmbouter

Joined May 29, 2021
In general, the more that we are told about the ituation relative to the question the better the chance of at least one person having a useful answer. Otherwise you may get a collection of random collection of guesses to the question they think you asked. And sometimes that additional contect information will point some of us right at the answer.
This makes sense, but I'm unclear what I should also be providing. I'm probably overlooking something simple, but what info would satisfy: "It would have been good to mention what the device of that part number was. "? I linked to the board and the chips used on it. I'm trying to understand the feedback so I can improve. Thank you!

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, post #1 gives us two links. To know what you are talking about we must follow those links, which does not always work for some of us. So a statement telling us that the part number is an elctrode driver, or an op-amp, or a logic gate, would be useful. And "sparkfun" makes hundreds of boards, all kinds of circuits, so a bit of description such as amplifier or booster or oscillator would be useful there as well.
Really, a link is a lot like "Ya Know" is in a conversation where I do not know. Not quite as useless, but certainly not as useful as some words. And when a link takes 2 minutes to appear then it is really a waste of time.