Question About 8051 Design

GENIUSSKYE

Joined Apr 7, 2020
Hi to All

Hope here can help me, i have two of the same boards both uses a 8051 a 27c512 rom and sram hm62256, in the first board i need the program running as is, however i need to develop my own program for the second board. but my trouble is that i need to get access to some data from first board static ram is not easy because each board have wr rd and cs lines. Just i think that maybe i can omit the ram in second board an try to connect to the ram of first, look at google but no lucky, spoken to some tech friends and tell me that it´s imposible. in this case i prefer another opinions, the only that i found is some circuits whit 74ls139 but this circuits is for drive 2 rams but dependig to the same processor, same thing whit 74hc595. I really appreciate any advice o a light that can help to me keeping forward whit my project.

Thanks In Advance
Geniussky

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!
Hopefully we can help you.
Are the two boards identical?
Do you have a circuit schematic for the two boards?

GENIUSSKYE

Joined Apr 7, 2020
Hello Mrchips

yes in effect both are identicals, unfortunately does´nt have a schematic are too old, and if maybe get sucesss i prefer redesign the board and models reference was erased whit a cutter knife. again thanks for reply.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Take clear, well focused photos of both sides of the board.
Post those photos.
And then tell us what you are actually trying to do (the big picture) and why you need to do this.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
When the boards are turned off there is no data in the 62256 SRAM chip. If the boards are powered on there is no way for the processor on board A to read the data from the SRAM on board B. What do you think is in there that you need to recover?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Yeah but, with being in lockdown, we'll take anything just for the challenge.
We just need to know why you want to do this.