Pwm

nuripaizail

Joined Jul 29, 2008
I have to do a project regarding on PIC and MOSFET. I have to use PIC to give the variable magnitude pulse to the gate of MOSFET so that it could be able to conduct a large amount of currents.

The problem is I don't know where should I start. i had already decided to use PIC16F84A.

Any body, please help me...

Tahmid

Joined Jul 2, 2008
I have to do a project regarding on PIC and MOSFET. I have to use PIC to give the variable magnitude pulse to the gate of MOSFET so that it could be able to conduct a large amount of currents.

The problem is I don't know where should I start. i had already decided to use PIC16F84A.

Any body, please help me...
Hi,
Yes, you can do it easily with pic 16F84A if you know the programming. Please use mosfet drivers or you can make totem-pole drivers for 2 mosfets with 2Npn and 2Pnp transistors. When you program Pic 16F84A, use only 2 i/o pins for providing signal to 2 mosfets. In between signals, you have to provide some dead time to make quasi-sine/modified sinewave or very less dead time for square wave but enough for avoiding cross conduction. With pic 16F84A, you can not have feedback, as it is not having internal ADC or Comparator and for that you require external ics.
Thanks.

nuripaizail

Joined Jul 29, 2008
hi
I would like to thank to Tahmid for giving an idea related to my project. But I would like to ask your favor to attached the circuit diagram that you had explained in the last post, so that i can easily understand your brilliant idea.

thank you for helping me....:)

nuripaizail

Joined Jul 29, 2008
Thanks Tahmid.
you are helping me a lot. I will try to assembled the circuit you had attached to me.

Again, thank you...
may God bless you
Nuripaizail, MALAYSIA