PWM ForBeginners

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I am wanting to learn about PWM from the absolute basics eventually using PIC's. The book I am looking for must be for "ABSOLUTE" beginners.

Ideally like a course with practical exercises.

Any direction or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rodney

Happy New year to everyone.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I am wanting to learn about PWM from the absolute basics eventually using PIC's. The book I am looking for must be for "ABSOLUTE" beginners.
I don't know how much of a beginner you are ("ABSOLUTE" is relative ;)), but you could start with a PIC datasheet and development board.

I've always learned much more by actually doing something than just reading about it.

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I have no idea what PIC to use or even a basic circuit. I have seen PWM for colour changing LED's charging dimming it seems to be everywhere/ I would really like to learn about it.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
PWM= Pulse Width Modulation
The Pic and Pwm are 2 separate problems to learn.. The pic controller requires you to program it inorder to know what to do.. Also you would have to write the code for the pwm for your specific task.. Now onto the pwm .. You need to figure how long they need to be on or off other spec...I would suggest a Basic to ardunio or such and learn from there..

Jay Sr