Pulse Oximeter Bluetooth

Daniela Santos

Joined Feb 5, 2018
Greetings,

I'm a student currently pursuing a master's degree, working on a thesis in partnership with a company. My goal is to integrate an pulse oximeter in a rehabilitation platform, and in order to do so I require a bluetooth (preferably BLE) with an open API or SDK or an open bluetooth protocol. Aditionally, there's preference for an oximeter speficially for medical use and if it allows for Heart Rate readings.

What i would like to know is if any of you know a company that sells an oximeter with this specifications.

Thanks guys !

Best regards,

Daniela Santos

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
Greetings,

I'm a student currently pursuing a master's degree, working on a thesis in partnership with a company. My goal is to integrate an pulse oximeter in a rehabilitation platform, and in order to do so I require a bluetooth (preferably BLE) with an open API or SDK or an open bluetooth protocol. Aditionally, there's preference for an oximeter speficially for medical use and if it allows for Heart Rate readings.

What i would like to know is if any of you know a company that sells an oximeter with this specifications.

Thanks guys !

Best regards,

Daniela Santos
The oximeter is one piece, the BLE is another.

Maxim jumps out at me in terms of the pulse oximetry, for example, this one.

The BLE side is another matter and you can look at a whole bunch of chips. Some will have a BLE stack that you can use. A completely free BLE stack that is PD - I don't know, but would like to hear about how you are using that...I mean, literally, I would like to know :)

Daniela Santos

Joined Feb 5, 2018
The oximeter is one piece, the BLE is another.

Maxim jumps out at me in terms of the pulse oximetry, for example, this one.

The BLE side is another matter and you can look at a whole bunch of chips. Some will have a BLE stack that you can use. A completely free BLE stack that is PD - I don't know, but would like to hear about how you are using that...I mean, literally, I would like to know :)
I need a full assembled oximeter ! That's why i refered the specifications as one

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016

Daniela Santos

Joined Feb 5, 2018
I already sent an email to concord health but had no reply so far...
My main problem is the open API because i want to build my own software and the fact that is for medical use...

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
My main problem is the open API because i want to build my own software and the fact that is for medical use...
Ah, yeah, I can see why a manufacturer would be reluctant to enable modifications once it leaves their doors. If you're really lucky, maybe a manufacturer will supply a 'developmental', non-commercial device.

Daniela Santos

Joined Feb 5, 2018
I contacted them and yes they possibily have a solution ! But you have to sign a NDA so if you are in a similar situation i think you should contact them !

I contacted them and yes they possibily have a solution ! But you have to sign a NDA so if you are in a similar situation i think you should contact them !
I guess an NDA is reasonable under the circumstances. Not really in that situation - more like it is interesting and one of 128,367,439 things I would like to do.

I also came across Mynewt from Apache - an open source networking stack that supports BLE 5. Make that 128,367,440. :)