Ps4 to Laptop Power Supply Questions

Wilkesc

Joined Apr 12, 2022
Evening Gents.
So I've been playing around with the idea of taking my ps4 with a broken power supply and stuffing it into my Asus Helios 300 laptop, which is broken. I would use a LVDS to get the screen working but I I was wondering if using the original power supply in the laptop would work with the ps4 ( and potentially use the battery), I however don't want to burn my house down so I thought I would consult someone with a bit more brain power than me.
It seems like the charger is rated to 180w and the ps4 gets up to around 150w where the laptop hits that 110w mark. (I'm on 230/240v here in New Zealand)

So any insite would be greatly appreciated.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Is this just a pipe dream or a serious project?
What is the level of your technical knowledge and experteze?
This will be a very complex project. Do you have the schematic diagrams of the PS4 and laptop?

Wilkesc

Joined Apr 12, 2022
Is this just a pipe dream or a serious project?
What is the level of your technical knowledge and experteze?
This will be a very complex project. Do you have the schematic diagrams of the PS4 and laptop?
Was hoping more that a pipe dream. I haven't delved that far into the project yet. I just more wondering if it would be feasible.

In this area. Not much expertise, and no I haven't gotten schematics

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Was hoping more that a pipe dream. I haven't delved that far into the project yet. I just more wondering if it would be feasible.

In this area. Not much expertise, and no I haven't gotten schematics
I would not attempt itt and I have over 70 years of experience in electronics. If you go ahead with it, good luck!