Proteus Error: Timestep too small. - Buck converter

birkhoffp

Joined Oct 31, 2019
Hello! Im new to using Proteus software. I was trying to build a circuit and trying to simulate and trying to get the Vout for a Buck converter. I'm using an MC34063 chip to do so. The Buck converter is to suppose to take 12V and step it down to around 5V dc. I think the circuit is correct, but it starts running and then gives me an error at the end. I don't know what I've done wrong. The circuit runs for about 0.3-0.7 secs tops and then stops with the errors as seen in the picture below. Attached to the post is the Buck circuit i made and the error. Please let me know if you could tell me what I should do step by step. Thank you for your time. Please help me!!

I can also upload the full circuit file that I made if you would like to see it and play it to make it work maybe. Thanks again

Attachments

birkhoffp

Joined Oct 31, 2019
Hello! thank you for replying back. I fixed it so the R1 was in parallel with R2. But it still didn't fix the problem.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
In the LTspice simulator the time step error can sometimes be cured by avoiding the use of ideal components. Try adding a small bit of series resistance or parallel capacitance to your inductor and your supply voltage source.