Project Assistance Needed

Pbs76

Joined Aug 30, 2014
Hello. I am so glad I found this site, and hope someone will be able to assist me with the design of this project. Please let me thank you in advance if you are able to provide any feedback. I am about to drive myself crazy trying to figure this out on my own.

I am trying to come up with a design and/or find parts to operate three separate solenoids wirelessly from a distance of +/-100 yards. I want each solenoid to operate on its own receiver, but all three on the same transmitter. I also would like a sound to be played through a speaker as each solenoid is operated. If I could have multiple sounds to choose from, that would be a huge bonus.

Example:
I set 3 boxes on the ground which are latched closed.
I step back 100 yards with remote in hand.
As I press "A" on the remote, a sound is played at one box.
As I press "B", the solenoid unlatches the door on this box, allowing it to fall open.
I press "C", the second sounds, and "D", it opens.
"E", sound on the third box, and "F", it opens.

I have looked into servos and solenoids to open the latch, and I think I have decided on an automobile electric lock actuator. That is, unless you have a better idea.

I have looked at receivers and transmitters until I cannot look any further. Either I cannot get the distance I am looking for, or they are way too expensive. I am trying to do this on the cheap.

I would like to run all of this on rechargeable batteries, and the receiver, actuator, etc. to fit nicely inside a little project box mounted to each 5"x10"x5" box.

Again, thank you so much in advance for providing any and all feedback and/or ideas you may have.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
Hello. I am so glad I found this site, and hope someone will be able to assist me with the design of this project. Please let me thank you in advance if you are able to provide any feedback. I am about to drive myself crazy trying to figure this out on my own.

I am trying to come up with a design and/or find parts to operate three separate solenoids wirelessly from a distance of +/-100 yards. I want each solenoid to operate on its own receiver, but all three on the same transmitter. I also would like a sound to be played through a speaker as each solenoid is operated. If I could have multiple sounds to choose from, that would be a huge bonus.

Example:
I set 3 boxes on the ground which are latched closed.
I step back 100 yards with remote in hand.
As I press "A" on the remote, a sound is played at one box.
As I press "B", the solenoid unlatches the door on this box, allowing it to fall open.
I press "C", the second sounds, and "D", it opens.
"E", sound on the third box, and "F", it opens.

I have looked into servos and solenoids to open the latch, and I think I have decided on an automobile electric lock actuator. That is, unless you have a better idea.

I have looked at receivers and transmitters until I cannot look any further. Either I cannot get the distance I am looking for, or they are way too expensive. I am trying to do this on the cheap.

I would like to run all of this on rechargeable batteries, and the receiver, actuator, etc. to fit nicely inside a little project box mounted to each 5"x10"x5" box.

Again, thank you so much in advance for providing any and all feedback and/or ideas you may have.
Ebay is full of remotes. Do a search of 4 channel remote relay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Channel-3...7?pt=Garage_Doors_Openers&hash=item258e917c1d

I have a bunch of similar ordered with the longer range white colored control.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
Oh, here it is 1000M range. The other will do 100M easy. Sounds like you need momentary operation.

Do I ever miss "edit" :(
If there was a prize for most edits and deletions, I win hands down. :)

Pbs76

Joined Aug 30, 2014
Awesome! Thanks so much for the help. I think both of those will work, but I probably will go with the one inwo suggest due to the greater range. Again, thanks!
Now, to figure out how to make sounds? Hmmm...