Programing mcu over application

Mrunje96

Joined Dec 16, 2019
Hi, i want to allow to other users to edit parts of my mcu. How should i program it so i could create utility app to change some info that it sends out.. Something like this : midifighter-spectra.jpgmidifighter-spectra.jpg

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't find that super zoomy picture conveying much in the way of useful information. Do you want to take another shot at explaining what you want to do in words of more than one syllable, using complete sentences and paragraphs?

Mrunje96

Joined Dec 16, 2019
I want to create utility app so i could tweak settings on microcontroller like:
Previous setting :button press =green
Button up = red
If there is button press detected set red color(or any other that is offered in app) of button, else its cyan and send that change to mcu..

Or i want to type in ip address(like 192.168.1.1 (default) to 163.246.233.12) of mcu and send that change to mcu

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I want to create utility app so i could tweak settings on microcontroller like:
Previous setting :button press =green
Button up = red
If there is button press detected set red color(or any other that is offered in app) of button, else its cyan and send that change to mcu..

Or i want to type in ip address(like 192.168.1.1 (default) to 163.246.233.12) of mcu and send that change to mcu
No problem. How far have you gotten coding it?

Mrunje96

Joined Dec 16, 2019
Ive done basic communication functions on microcontroller so now im exploring what steps should i take for easier implementing for utility app.. I use stm32f103vct6, currently programing by sending hex with its own program.. So when i finish that product i want to allow other users a simple editing of microcontroller settings

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
What is "editing parts of a mcu"?

On what language such a thing would happen? Over an already populated board?

Is this kind of programming?

Mrunje96

Joined Dec 16, 2019
Sorry,i dont know how to express myself.. I meant editing code, or settings of mcu... I dont know term that describes what i want to do. Maybe its IAP(in application programming)

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Do you just want to have a number of the previous versions of the code saved on your device and re program the target device with a previous version ? If you want to edit the code in the target device is it just the hex values you want to change or do you want to compile or assemble source code ? How does what you plan to do differ from the IDE that supports the target device ?

Les.

Mrunje96

Joined Dec 16, 2019
Probably i just want to change hex values... In pictures above is whole thing i want to get.. Change parameter -> Send to device-> Now device is executing changed code without use of any IDE and knowning of programing language

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Are you talking about a "bootloader" which basically provides an MCU that can self program? If course, someone needs to write the code, but additional devices are not needed for programming.

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
I don't know if this processor has programmable EEPROM. For the PIC processors I use, changing colors under user control could be handled by writing new values to EEPROM, and then the new data would be used until you wanted to change it again. But the ability to do that would have to be a feature of the program from the beginning--you certainly wouldn't expect to add it to a program that had already been loaded. You'd need the ability to re-compile and re-load the entire program.