Program that doesn't require Installation

Anthony Quah

Joined Dec 1, 2007
hi,

I am trying to do a project in my factory but was not allow to install any software into the system... may I know anyone of you know what kind of software doesn't need to install to run it? a good example is batch files ...other than that is there still any? cause batch files got limited function...Thank you..

Anthony

Anthony Quah

Joined Dec 1, 2007
Oh..not like this..I more on writting the program and put into a system to run...example batch files program allow short cut and start certain program..without the need to install any software into the system..

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
If you are in a networked environment, which it sounds like you are, since policies are enforced, Windows Scripting Host is more than likely installed.

VBScript is like VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), but is meant to run install programs, HTA (HyperText Administration) pages, etc. You can also directly edit the registry, provided the script is running with admin privileges.

Here is an example, showing the format and how to run a command from This site, topic about using VBScript in an installer package

Rich (BB code):
Dim curdir, WshShell

caption = "InstallerDemoService.Setup"
'Determine the path where this running script is. 

'That is also the path to the config-file.

'The path ("[TARGETDIR]") is being passed by the installer 

'in the one available parameter: CustomActionData

curdir = Session.Property("CustomActionData")

'Start Notepad with the config-file

Set WshShell = CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run ("notepad.exe """ + 
curdir + "\InstallerDemoService.exe.config""")

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
With the limitations, only a Java applet would seem to fit.

WSH should be installed by the IT Department if requested. If not authorized, then there isn't really anything to be done. Explain the problem to your manager if you are required to write software that won't run in the standard environment.

What does the software need to do? If it cannot install to the drive, where will it be stored?

Anthony Quah

Joined Dec 1, 2007
well, it more sound like execute a program like batch files without the need of using a software...mean running with what we have in the system without need to install any application ..btw, anyone know what command can be use to Print Screen in batch files?