prob with keil

maraim

Joined Feb 2, 2016
hi
i'am using a Xilinx-based Digilent Nexsys4 FPGA ( cortex-M0 based processor) and am having a problem with my keil.
somehow the compilation can't be successful unless we use the 4th version of keil ..
but i can't find it and when i got to download it...there is a probleme with selecting the processor as I use ARM cortex-M0 however ARM processors don't figure in the list of items i tried to add it but in vain ...
i tried to use keil 5 but i failed again
what to do ?

maraim

Joined Feb 2, 2016
I have a legitimate purchased keil 5 but not the 4th version. my friend sent me a compiled file done with the 4th version and it works ..so I tried to download it from the internet ...

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Moderator's note: Discussion of illigitimate software is not allowed on this forum. Please be careful not discuss the use of version 4 any further.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
A better approach is to take a look at the project structure and re-create in Keil 5. Converted projects may work but sometimes they don't.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I have a legitimate purchased keil 5 but not the 4th version. my friend sent me a compiled file done with the 4th version and it works ..so I tried to download it from the internet ...
You might contact the maker of keil and see if they would be willing to give you keil 4 since you own a copy of keil 5. It's not uncommon for software vendors to be willing to do things like that to make current customers happy. You might also ask them about the problem you are having.