Principles of the starting motor

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I have always loved this kind of instructive black-and-white videos. The voice of the narrator seems to be the same in all of them and always reminds me those cartoon clips where Goofy learns a sport.

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I'm dissapointed how so many learning environments lack the "seeing is believing" attitude, at college were just thrown a book. Thus, I do prefer the books because they give me structure and I can memorise what I read, but I do like to see a classroom demonstration to prove the theory.
I usually have to see things to understand them. If I can't see them, then I have to read it over and over and visualize them in my mind before an understanding comes into focus. Some times I have to read them several different ways. Thats why the forum is so great, so many different people saying the same thing; one of them might be the one that makes me understand. This is why I don't do well in school; that and I have the attention span of a hamster.

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
lol :). My personal belief is the true understanding comes from mathematics and mine needs serious improvement. I don't see daylight no more, I purchased a whiteboard and some maths books and i'm up at 5am every weekend and now I can see how it's all linking together. I'll continue like this for the next 10-15 years then return to the EE books and set up my own problems.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
My first Physics book (Halliday/Resnick) started out with a really good paragraph about how you can get the gist of most things by looking at them, but you only truly understand when you can make the math work. Just today, on The History Channel, I heard that wherever The Church suppressed science, the civilization fell behind. Perfect example: when the Newtonian laws of motion were derived from the movement of the planets, you could aim a cannon correctly. The religious zealots were only guessing where to aim, and history was made.

Do the math.