Powering a single load using multiple voltage sources (as fail-safe)

Zurn

Joined Mar 4, 2019
Fantastique!

I can't thank everyone enough for the input on this thread - it's working like a charm so far.

butch28

Joined Oct 14, 2020
Hi everyone,

First off I apologize if the subject heading of this post is misleading, for some reason I'm having difficulty articulating my question...

I'd like to use three different microcontrollers, each with their own timers, to activate a single load. Each one is basically a fail-safe should the previous one not work as planned. They are all powered from different voltage sources. I'm just wondering how to connect them all together in such a way that they won't damage each other. Here's a my best block diagram in text form:

A - - |
B - - | LOAD
C - - |

If any of the three goes high, the load is activated. Again, they're all powered from different voltage sources. Oddly enough it doesn't really matter what the voltage of the load is (sounds weird I know).

This seems like some very basic stuff but I'm difficulty wrapping my head around it for some reason. Even if someone can let me know how to research this kind of circuit, it would be most appreciated.
so you are doing a solar, grid, generator or batteries? you can do it with multiple relays. it would depend on how you wire the relays. if you are doing a invert type system. there is inverters out that do this all automatic for around 2000 to 3000 depends on the watts needed 8000 to 12000 watts. got to explain enough so people can figure out what you are doing!

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
so you are doing a solar, grid, generator or batteries? you can do it with multiple relays. it would depend on how you wire the relays. if you are doing a invert type system. there is inverters out that do this all automatic for around 2000 to 3000 depends on the watts needed 8000 to 12000 watts. got to explain enough so people can figure out what you are doing!
People can figure out what he is doing. This thread is over a year old and the TS problem has been solved long ago.

This is called necroposting and is frowned upon at AAC. Before you reply to a post you really need to check the date. And even if it’s a recent post, you need to read it through. Then, you would have realized that everyone understood the problem, that the problem was solved and you wouldn’t have made inappropriate comments.

Just sayin’