power supply disconnected but another supply plugged in

camochase

Joined Nov 17, 2013
I have a battery ruining a circuit. I want to have it so that I can charge the battery with a small battery charging board I bought, but I need to know how to run the same circuit from the usb (which is available on board) while disconnecting the battery to charge until the charger is disconnected. Battery is 3.7v and usb is of course 5v I need help designing a circuit for this an solution with an ic to make it simple would be nice but simple components wouldn't hurt either

b1u3sf4n09

Joined May 23, 2014
Do you have a schematic or part number for the charging board? What kind of battery is this?

I have attached a doc which can help you get started. Hopefully it helps give you an idea of what kind of circuit you want or need. There is no shortage of options when it comes to battery charging.

Attachments

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
There should be a quote by someone famouse: "This problem statement is problematic."

But I got to give points to OP for making it short and not wasting our time with the wall of text.

camochase

Joined Nov 17, 2013
I don't have any formal schematic or anything it's just a battery charger i got off Amazon. I can send a link or take a picture but the leads coming off are battery +- and usb+-. And the battery is an old phone battery for now but the type is li-ion 1400mah and 3.7v but thanks for the help