Power Saving Mode Override

Howellj

Joined Dec 2, 2017
Hi,

I’m new to this electronics gig, so please go easy on me! I recently bought a great new Bush Wireless Speaker system (Model: CSPK4012BT), however it comes with a flaw. After twenty minutes of inactivity it automatically goes into standby mode. The problem being that this is entered even when music is being played, making it impossible to listen to a LP. You are inexplicably unable to switch this mode off via the front-end dashboard, it is always on.

So I’m desperately trying to locate where this timed auto-standby is on the circuitboard so I can override it. Has anyone got any suggestions where it might be? Also any tips on how best to override it would be much appreciated. See attached for the board.

Thanks

Howellj

Attachments

Howellj

Joined Dec 2, 2017
As this is new you should talk to the seller and/or manufacturer as presumably it isn't supposed to do this.
I have :( Unbelievably it’s been designed like a TV power save. I couldn’t believe it at first but other users have had a similar problem as well.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If I had to guess, the auto off is implemented in a microprocessor on the circuit board. In order to disable the feature you would need the code so you could disassemble it, patch it, and reburn the processor. The manufacturer may have erected certain impediments to you ability to do this so it is by no means certain that you can succeed at this endevour. Get your money back and buy a product that meets your requirements.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
How do you manually go from standby mode to operating mode?
Is there a button you push or do you have to turn it off and then back on?