Posting Reply Issues

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi all,

Can I ask if any forum members have been experiencing issues when posting replies on the forums in the last week or so?

For example: when you post a reply to a topic by pressing the "Submit Reply" button do you get either a blank page or the "Reply to thread" page freezes up? In both cases, the reply may or may not post up to the forums.

I have seen this a few times this week and I'm trying to ascertain if this is an issue related to my net connection or if it is a forum issue that needs addressing.

Thanks.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Thanks mrmeval.

The reason I am supecting it may be a wider forum issue is that I have noticed an increase in the number of duplicate threads and posts which usually stems from the above problem.

I am interested in hearing from others who may have experinced this problem.

Dave

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
I have been experiencing the same problem several times. I also observed that several new posts showed up in the thread but didn't appear on the main forum page as the last posts and the threads were not updated as having new posts.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi Dave,

I've had two occations when my reply duplicated itself. Also, I have had a couple of problems getting to a posted drawing - most often a PDF file. I'm up to Adobe Reader 7.08, so I don't think it's a compatibility issue.

I'm not certain, as I was pretty bushed, but on one occasion, a reply did not appear after posting.

BladeSabre

Joined Aug 11, 2005
I had an issue where I got some error page, and afterwards my post was present in the thread, but did not appear one level further up and did not bump the topic. I've not posted recently other than that. (I didn't think much of it because things like that happen all the time at two other forums I visit.)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I am very consistently getting the "cannot find server" error when I post a reply. It seems as if the other end of the connection has gone either "deaf" or "dumb" or both.

If I open another browser window I can check to see if reply was posted. In most cases it was successfully posted.

zJakez

Joined Oct 2, 2006
Hi all,

Can I ask if any forum members have been experiencing issues when posting replies on the forums in the last week or so?

For example: when you post a reply to a topic by pressing the "Submit Reply" button do you get either a blank page or the "Reply to thread" page freezes up? In both cases, the reply may or may not post up to the forums.

I have seen this a few times this week and I'm trying to ascertain if this is an issue related to my net connection or if it is a forum issue that needs addressing.

Thanks.

Dave
Since, I'm new and posted only 2 threads and not sure if this is been on going problems, but the page froze everytime i hit the "reply to thread". Although it froze, my thread was still posted successfully.
Also, loading in this site is really slow, maybe it needs a bigger server or something.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Thank you all for your comments. It is interesting to see that it is not just an issue at my end.

I will be getting in touch with jrap, who is responsible for the technical aspects of the website and see what he thinks may be the problem.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Since, I'm new and posted only 2 threads and not sure if this is been on going problems, but the page froze everytime i hit the "reply to thread". Although it froze, my thread was still posted successfully.
Also, loading in this site is really slow, maybe it needs a bigger server or something.
Hi zJakez, and welcome to the forums.

Your case is a good example of where something is going wrong. At this moment in time you have made 4 posts to various threads on the forums (by using the "Find all posts" feature), however your profile suggests that you have made only 1 post to the forums - this is clearly wrong (and most of the time!).

Can I ask if you have been using the "Quick Reply" function at the bottom of the threads to post answers to the forums? From my experience, this is something appears not to be working at all - Can someone else confirm this?

Thanks.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Another dummy post - please ignore.

Incidently, I had to post up the two dummy posts to make my last post directed at zJakez (Post #11) show up on the forums.

zJakez

Joined Oct 2, 2006
My previous post made by "post reply", now this reply is by "quick reply". Let see if it works.

edit: it froze and didnt recognizes new reply.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Dave,

When using Quick Reply, it sometimes acts hung up. I ended up posting twice because of the processing time the quick replay. I've learned a little patience since then.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Just upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin - hope that solves these issues! I'm going to continue looking into this problem though, it could be a server issue.

Thanks!

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
jrap,

I'm a patient man, but I think leaving the computer, eating breakfast, and returning is sufficient time for something to post on this board. Unfortunately it didn't happen, so I exited and then returned to the board with a fresh outlook.

I replied once again, this time using the advance reply ... only to have it take an normal amount of time with the system "warning me" that there must be 30 seconds between replies. I'm pretty sure I saw my response in the thread but when I went back into the thread with the intentions of deleting a duplicate, neither was visible. I hadn't cleared my cache ... yet ... but I refreshed the screen and still, neither post was visible.

Such is mysterious ways of the internet. :)

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
I can say that quick reply is now working just fine. Before the upgrade, my desktop didn't even allow me to write in the quick reply box, although my laptop was fine the whole time.

It also seems that the freezing and no response when posting have been fixed. I haven't experienced any problem for the last several posts.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi all,

This reply is using the quick reply option, we shall see if it works.

Thanks for upgrading the forum software Rob, hope this will help with the issues some people have been experiencing here. We shall have to keep an eye on what is happening for several people and if the issues persist then look at other possibilities, i.e. server issues.

Thanks to all those that have contributed their input.

Dave