Posting from work?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
we let em break and surf net, smoke what ever, midget toss, fish, etc..
Working for a Military Contractor, people would go out for smoke break all the time, I started get up and go out with them.

Shop Foreman says where you going? I said out for a smoke break, he said, you don't smoke.

I said, I know, but if they can go out any damn time they want to, so will I.

He said, what ever.......LOL, he couldn't say anything.

I figure, why do they get too? and the rest of us have to stay inside to work.

Double standard, 20feet away all I did was pick up small rocks to see if I could put them into the garbage can. till it was time to go back inside.

I got at least 4 smoke breaks a day:p

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I must have a different background. I've never had a job in which I was waiting to be needed.
I've had a few. That's how I became a controls technician actually. I showed up in Singapore as a mechanic, to commission a Top Drive on a new offshore rig in the shipyard. The Top Drive was not even installed yet, so I spent a couple of weeks keeping the Controls Engineers company. They found me to be pretty handy and absconded me from the Top Drive mechanical group. I continued to work for them for the next few months, and they sent a new mechanic to commission the Top Drive. When I left Singapore I had been coronated a Controls Technician, and have been since.