Possible to recover deleted files on Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westdinzo

Joined Dec 15, 2016
I just wrongly deleted a few photos on my HTC One M10 and installed a few well-known programs from Google. They claimed it would be no problem in recovering the data. But none of them work after testing. What is your thought on this?

westdinzo

Joined Dec 15, 2016
Let me google that for you.

Or have you spammers moved from deleted excel files to deleted Android files. You guys are tricky! ;)
I don't quite understand what do you mean. Actually I searched in Google before posting here. The top 3 suggestions in Google didn't work and ask me for paying it.

It's easy on an iPhone. So I'd be surprised if there are not similar tools on Android.
There are a plenty of those programs but it is hard to find the legitimate one.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Start with the OS. When you delete a photo on an iPhone, it goes into a "recently deleted" album and you have a month to change your mind. There are also apps you can use on a computer to access the phone's file system. You could look around and see if it's in a trash bin somewhere.

The last resort is file recovery software that can read the 0's and 1's on the drive and look for patterns specific to images. A deleted file is not really deleted (right away), just removed from the directory. It stays on the drive until it gets overwritten. This becomes increasingly likely with time and usage, so you may want to minimize on time until you've found your image.

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
We've had a rash of "file recovery" spammers come by here. It can be hard to tell if their posts are serious. Don't worry about it.
Only 2 posts about Android on a forum for electronics when there are a number of really good forums dedicated to Android. I remain skeptical.

Though the OP did post back, which is unusual for the spam seeders. Usually it is one post then move on.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Depending on your settings and what has happened since the files were deleted, they may be unrecoverable.

But your best bet is going to be to focus on forums that are dedicated to Android phones and users.

westdinzo

Joined Dec 15, 2016
Depending on your settings and what has happened since the files were deleted, they may be unrecoverable.

But your best bet is going to be to focus on forums that are dedicated to Android phones and users.
thanks. I though this forum has more people knowing the uderground staff.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
thanks. I though this forum has more people knowing the uderground staff.
"uderground staff"??? What is "uderground staff"? A groups of dairy farmers or something?

If you meant "underground staff", then I still have no idea what you mean. This is a forum that discusses electronic design not Android operating systems. This sub forum is just a side interest. There are plenty of other forums that specialize in the discussion of Android.

And as always, just because you ask a question is no guarantee of an answer.

As a last resort you could try using kali linux to search the phone. I have very little experience with kali but you should be able to find some good tutorials on have to do it on youtube.
A.H.W.

Deleted files have not been "deleted". It will no longer be a subversive idea for you after knowing how deletion exactly works.
As a matter of fact, your phone just simply has your erased files invisible, which means they are not perpetually gone right away. However, as you continue to use that device, the new data will take the place of the old one, namely overwriting, so if you are going to recover deleted files back from Android, we suggest stopping using your phone.

sahda

Joined Jun 16, 2017
If you have synced the data before, you can recover from the backup file. If not, I think you should not add more data to your device anymore. Then, it is better for you to try some professional data recoverymethods.

Status
Not open for further replies.