Please, "line" wire from 3speed motor goes where?

dlpeters

Joined Jan 8, 2017

This is for a eb10b coleman evcon furnace (no AC hooked in, just heat/forced air), from 1997-ish. Original motor was AO Smith 4-speed and shown on the left in the pic above. Closest replacement motor found is shown on the right - the number is D1036 if needed - it's a 3-speed. I figured out that I can't afford to guess so sorry for asking before contributing here, any clues very appreciated!

The black and red wires that connect from the bottom of the unit to the "hi/low" go into this rubber connector:

and then down to this section below:

I figured out that in the new motor, black is high, blue is medium, and red is low as shown on the nameplate. Brown and brown w/ a white stripe goes to the capacitor. No idea where the new motor yellow wire should be attached, I don't understand the "LINE" word.

So old motor wire colors vs. new motor wire colors:
old motor yellow is new motor brown
old motor brown is new motor blue
old motor red is new motor black
*capped off old motor black connection since that was the 4th speed that is no longer in use (Medium High) with this 3speed motor.

But that leaves me with Yellow shown on the motor nameplate as "line". What is "line"? I've read for days about it being neutral or common, and to hook it up as such, but where on this unit does that mean it should be attached?

I'm at a huge loss, and scared to guess, can't afford to make a mistake with this one. Any clues deeply appreciated, thank you in advance :)