PLC Ladder logic Analog programming for Analog Input

irfan16

Joined Dec 29, 2011
Dear All

I am facing difficulty in programming the PLC for analog input. I have analog input that varies from 0~5volt. I want to develop ladder logic so that for 2.5 volt at input output should activate alarm and at 5volt input another alarm at out put should be activated. I am using ABB PM571 PLC. Can anybody guide me how I develop the ladder logic for above stated requirement.

I shall be thankfull to you.

Kind Regards

Muhammad Irfan
Student

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
i never used ABB controller but the idea is the same:
- get software and manuals
- get part number of the analog input card and it's manual
- configure/map I/Os
- write program to read I/Os (may require enabling it, setting network etc depending on type of used I/O)
- use compare instructions to set bit when value is in certain range
- download program to controller and monitor...

quick check with google suggests that software can be CoDeSyS (you can get it for free) but this would require target files for ABB plc (not free). all manuals are on abb website. good luck...

irfan16

Joined Dec 29, 2011
Dear Sir

I have alraedy install ABB software codesys and configure the inputs and outputs. But I am not familiar that how i develop code to read analog input? I just need guideline that what function or block I should use to read the status of analog input.

irfan16

Joined Dec 29, 2011
i never used ABB controller but the idea is the same:
- get software and manuals
- get part number of the analog input card and it's manual
- configure/map I/Os
- write program to read I/Os (may require enabling it, setting network etc depending on type of used I/O)
- use compare instructions to set bit when value is in certain range
- download program to controller and monitor...

quick check with google suggests that software can be CoDeSyS (you can get it for free) but this would require target files for ABB plc (not free). all manuals are on abb website. good luck...
Dear Sir

I have alraedy install ABB software codesys and configure the inputs and outputs. But I am not familiar that how i develop code to read analog input? I just need guideline that what function or block I should use to read the status of analog input.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
I'm not familiar with the system your working with, but I'd think that the converted input/output would resolve to a word or double word with simple address or tag, no different than any other I/O.

I just need guideline that what function or block I should use to read the status of analog input.
Take care with your wording. 'Status' has special meaning in this field.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
Dear Sir

get the manual for your analog input card, it should have code sample.