Ping Pong Robot - System Conundrum

Ping Pong Buddy

Joined Mar 30, 2019
I have a Chinese Ping Pong robot that is delivering balls at twice the frequency outlined in the specifications. Unfortunately, few of the system components are labeled with useful details.

The System is 110 V AC connected to a power supply/converter which is connected to a circuit board. The circuit board is connected to a digital controller (settings 1-9) for 3 independent motors (1. Ball Frequency, 2.Ball Top Spin and 3. Ball Underspin), and to the three motors. (Motors 2 and 3 work properly.)

The settings 1-9 appear to increase/decrease ball frequency ratably, however 2x (65+-165+ BPM) faster than Spec (30 - 85 BPM)

I replaced the Circuit Board today - No Change in the operation of the system.

What to replace next? The Digital Controller? The Motor (Frequency gears driven by the motor appear to be working properly)?

Is there an easy / safe component that I can place between the circuit board and motor to step the RPMs by 50%?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

Ping Pong Buddy

Joined Mar 30, 2019
Does it make sense that the Fault is within the motor/ (Good input signal received but results in twice the speed/output?)

Is it more likely a Digital Controller Fault with the output being 2x the normal spec?

Thanks again for your help....

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
There really isn't enough information about the circuit to help. Your photos don't tell much. In the absence of a schematic, or at least good shots of the top and bottom of the controller, only someone who happens to know that particular device could help.

Anything that could be said right now would be complete guesswork.

Ping Pong Buddy

Joined Mar 30, 2019
Thank You Yaakov,

Schematics appear to be out of the question - The Value-add Reseller doesn't have them.

I'll get that Controller open and supply photos, as well as better photos of the circuit board. The motor has no markings.

Once again, Thank you.