I've got a relatively high power tube guitar amp that runs at about 20 watts RMS. Recently I've been using a specialized "dummy load" box that allows me to run direct into my mixing board for recording. I noticed that when I have the master volume of the amp cranked to get the desired power tube saturation that my load box actually has a very, very faint acoustical "buzzy copy" of the same notes being played on guitar -- the guitar amplifier itself does slightly as well. Obviously these sounds are not very high fidelity and are pretty quiet -- but are there. Am I experiencing this so-called "piezo noise" that people talk about coming from certain electronic components operated at high voltage? Generally speaking this isn't a problem since guitar tube amps are typically operated at high volume levels through speakers, not load boxes. Even for recording it's not really an issue since it doesn't produce noise in the signal -- it's just acoustical noise you can just barely hear. BTW, we're talking about pro-grade, bulletproof equipment here that is hand made(albeit with PCBs), e.g. Orange, Koch, Soldano.
Any input is welcome!
Any input is welcome!