PIC UART and External Interrupt Problems

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Thanks for discussing the specifics. I have little understanding of that particular compiler (C18) but with PIC compilers they should do the same thing with interrupt vectors as Microchip suggests, that was are all used to from the assembler days.
I have no idea what your understanding is of anything, as for the most part I was not discussing the C18 compiler but the PIC18 device itself.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Apparently someone was blissfully unaware of just how bad the C18 compiler really is. ;)
I wouldn't call in bad just very quirky. Most of the strange behavior in the latest versions comes from it's default of not having integer promotion (for speed on a 8 bit platform) and a small software stack (requiring more global variables to stop stack related bugs). Once you know where the landmines are it's very stable. Now XC8 is a steaming pile of cow dung. :D

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Now XC8 is a steaming pile of cow dung. :D
Do check it again. v1.01 was a vast improvement over v1.00, and currently the download is for v1.10. I believe v1.01 fixed several indirection errors that were frustrating t06afre in his work. I have yet to try v1.10.