Pfaff

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
So I called back at 10.25, and talked to the most beautiful voice, ever!:rolleyes:

She had a bunch of questions, that I couldn't answer.:(

She asked:"Does the needle move on startup? Does the teeth under the needle move on startup? This has to do with calibration. It does that on each startup."

And I answer:"Umm, well... eh...." Then I remeber a post on steppermotors, so I said "No".

"Well, the display print card tends to stop working when the steppers are not working. You can replace the display, and not replace the stepper and their controllers, and the display dies, again. With a dead display, we nearly always replace the steppers and controllers. I have some displays in order from Germany now."

"Ok, nice what is the price for this?"

"NOK 3 500,00 (That aprx $585 at todays current). "

"Do you have any numbers or replacenumberparts?"

"This display is called 413 0365 45. I ordered in the beginning of October, so theres a few month deliverytime..."

"You couldn't possibly send me a schematic or a wireingdiagram or something"

"I could do that, but I have to speak with my boss, and I don't think he approves. Where is this machine?"

"Umm. You won't believe it. It's in the Maldives, to bad I'm not calling from there, as it was -29°C at home today."

"Then I would delivered it in person!" She said.

OK, R!f@@. Hope you have something to go on here. The whole display pcb for appx $585 plus shipping. Check the replacement number, or maybe the dead display has a number, 'cause I could allways call back to THAT VOICE! :D

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
What did she mean by " Then I would delivered it in person!"

There is a number on the display
"20050322
0503-5985
"

nothing else is written. U can see this from the display pic picture in post #13. The white piece of paper.

And in the same post last picture the controller top left corner is the number.
"PFAFF
93-038 480-91/000
B/X/F/X/ /X
"

These are the only numbers that I can see.

Is that the price for the display and the controller together.

It's like she said, I think I need to replace complete assembly. I have no gaurentee that the other chips are intact.

If I were to buy the PCB, ask her how I can contact them. Any email or anything.
Will they ship the board directly to me via DHL.
Ask her if they can assist me in contacting Germany.

If possible any email that I can have to talk to them personally.

Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L General Electronics Chat 6