PCB

fivemega

Joined Aug 27, 2014
Hi folks,
I am new here and in need of a company to do unassembled simple PCB in small quantity (200 pcs) or so.
Anybody has recommendation?
Thank you.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Welcome to AAC.

The answer to your question may depend on what capabilities you have. What software are you using? Can you create and view the Gerber files? Is this your first project or 100th project? Location?

I used Oshpark for my first project. It was very friendly and cheap for the volume (≤5 boards), but is likely not the best for 200 pcs.

Frankly, it seems to me that someone ordering 200 pcs should already have had some experience with board makers. Which board houses have you used? Why not use them again?

John

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
^^yep
and
your physical location sure helps too...

I've use plenty of good board houses in the states (east coast/midwest)..
and have a very reliable Chinese supplier.. although your volumes are too low for them

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
In the states I've used http://www.eiconnect.com/ with very good results. Any certification you wish for they have.

If you just want good boards with little or none certs I have a bunch of vendors from China I've used with good results for a fraction. Ask and ye shall receive.

fivemega

Joined Aug 27, 2014
Thank you everybody for welcome and recommendation.
This is my first project but it's very very simple board. No complication and no electronic component needed but possibly little soldering which I can do.
I will make some hand made prototype next week to make sure everything is physically fine.
BTW, I am in southern California

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
You may want to get pricing from the Chinese supplier for component assembly. 200 seems doable but multiply by the number of solder pads and it gets overwhelming soon. 5-years later you are asking yourself if you should just throw out the whole pile.