PCB Parts identification Help

homerclone

Joined Jun 20, 2014
Hi Everyone
I have this PCB (please see pictures) with a blown cap and diode and need some help in ordering new parts to repair board.
I will need 2x D18 Diodes and 2x C37 Caps
Any ideas please
Thanks mark
IMG_0981.JPG IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0982.JPG

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
There are markings on D18. You are in a better position than us to be able to read those markings.

C37 is ceramic filter capacitor, 100nF is a common value.

homerclone

Joined Jun 20, 2014
There are markings on D18. You are in a better position than us to be able to read those markings.

C37 is ceramic filter capacitor, 100nF is a commonl value.

Thank you Mr chips
Only number on diode that is readable is AB08 . I have Google searched it but not getting much info :-(
Does it mean anything to you
Thanks for your time
Mark

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Tell us a bit more of where the board is from and what it is supposed to do.
Test the good diodes with the diode check on your DMM and tell us which way the current is flowing.
Any common 1N4001-1N4007 diode should work.

homerclone

Joined Jun 20, 2014
IMG_0987.JPG
Tell us a bit more of where the board is from and what it is supposed to do.
Test the good diodes with the diode check on your DMM and tell us which way the current is flowing.
Any common 1N4001-1N4007 diode should work.
The panel is fitted to a set of hydraulic farm scrapers. It controls the drive motor for hydraulic pump and also individual solenoid valves for ram controls plus proximity sensors for shutting scrapers down when scrapers have finished.The diode and cap are on the part of the board for the control of these solenoids and proximity switches.
The actual manufacturer of the pcb no longer support this board or supply parts :-(
IMG_0987.JPG

I have posted a picture that may help?
Again thanks for your time
Mark

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009

homerclone

Joined Jun 20, 2014
As far as I can tell, the 16V line supplies power to the Lane Limit Switch. The diode is just for protection.
Any SMD rectifier diode should work. You may want to check the dimensions of the diode on the board.
What is your estimate of the dimensions of that diode you see?
How do you know that the diode is bad and needs replacing?

Here is an example of a rectifier diode:

http://uk.farnell.com/taiwan-semiconductor/s1bl/diode-sgp-1a-100v/dp/1559149?MER=mktBestSellerA
Lane 4 had a power spike and burnt one end of diode from board and also one end of the cap.
Dimension of diode is 5mmx3mmx2mm high.
I have 14.4v going to one side of diode put not letting any volts through to +16v terminal to power stop switch.

cheers
Mark