Paper Shredder Fault

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Track the voltage back from the relay coil through the Zeners and resistors to see what the voltage is , maybe one the Zeners is breaking down. Use my drawing in post #21.
Hi Dave
Firstly :Thanks for your reply, will do that check, just a quicky is the last drawing I posted " A better Drawing ! " on the right track or is there still something not correct ! .
Secondly: which points are the feed into Relay coil , I have numbered 1 to 4 in blue circles what I thought was the Relay contacts ! .

Spike

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Hi

I have a Paper Shredder and it seems that the ir on board is not working, now the shredder itself is fine and the motor is fine, so I do not want to send it to the dump , so I am trying to make another ir circuit to feed the relay on the original board, there is plenty of room in the shredder , so I am looking for a drawing for when the beam is blocked the circuit will activate the feed ( 24v) have a little board 240v to 24dc .
or just give me some ideas and I can draw my own schematic ! .

cheers
Spike

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
What is on the original board - photo?
Hi
Thanks for your reply , I am not going to use the original board for operating the 24v coil, I will de-solder/cut a track to any feeds to the coil from the original board and just feed a new ir circuit only to that relay ! .

cheers
Spike

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Hi

I have a Paper Shredder and it seems that the ir on board is not working, now the shredder itself is fine and the motor is fine, so I do not want to send it to the dump , so I am trying to make another ir circuit to feed the relay on the original board, there is plenty of room in the shredder , so I am looking for a drawing for when the beam is blocked the circuit will activate the feed ( 24v) have a little board 240v to 24dc .
or just give me some ideas and I can draw my own schematic ! .

cheers
Spike
Hi
Pic as requested and Schematic of Old board.
cheers
Spike

What is on the original board - photo?
Hi
Pic as requested and Schematic of old board.
cheers
Spike

Attachments

spike1947

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Hi
I have a Paper Shredder that ir sensor is not working, changed Caps still no luck, so have given up on that part, the Shredder itself has hardly had much use, the motor works fine ( in reverse ) .

What I am wanting to do is make a small ir proximity paper detector to operate the 24v relay on the main board and dissable the original part of the circuit on the main board, there is plenty of room within the Shredder to put another small board in .

Will attach a schematic of the shredder I made just for info as I will not be using that board for the detecting of a sheet of paper.

So really I am trying to find a schematic for such a project ( I don't like stuff going to the the tip ) is there anyone that can give me the info for me to make a schematic for such a thing ! .

Cheers
Spike

Attachments