Panasonic DMR-E55 intermitten problem

styo

Joined Aug 6, 2016
DVD player shut down. I removed the cover and found that sometimes it will power up but inconsistent. Found when I place my DMV probe on the input test points on the small transformer between the hot and cold side of the SMPS it will come on. At first I placed the probe between chassis ground screw and test point and it would power up but found that I only needed to place probe on one of the xmfr test points at it come on. All the xmfr connections seem good and I tightened all the screws to chassis. Can the voltage regs intermitten? Could it be an IC on the other side of the power supply turning on? I know it's on because the clock display appears. Thanks for any advice.

twohats

Joined Oct 28, 2015
Can be difficult and time consuming, but...………….. You could try a freeze spray, then heat from an hair dryer.
If you aren't familiar with this style of fault finding, see YouTube, e.g.
Good luck...

styo

Joined Aug 6, 2016
Can be difficult and time consuming, but...………….. You could try a freeze spray, then heat from an hair dryer.
If you aren't familiar with this style of fault finding, see YouTube, e.g.
Good luck...
The unit was on this morning and I did apply a heat gun for a bit to see what happened (no results) and have a can of freeze spray beside unit but haven't tried it yet. Would try it in fail mode. Thanks for info.