:) :P =D ^^ D:

Captain E

Joined Jun 16, 2015
THAT'S RIGHT!
Those are smileys...
Ever heard of those?

(I'm just wondering why almost noone uses smileys here on the forum?)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Because the smileys provided in the posting box seem adequate?

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Well, they aren't always adequate. Sometimes I want, "suspicious" or, "evil grin", but I don't know how to make those out of ASCII characters. :(

Here's another idea: This is a technical website. Most of the time, it's, "Just the facts, ma'am". A good math answer doesn't get my :D going.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
What the hell does that word mean? Noone, and how is it pronounced? "Noony"? "No-nee"? "No-neigh"? "No-nay"? And what part of the English-speaking world uses it?
Maybe it's an across the water; word. Lots of stuff we say don't make sense on the street in Britain which might be the location. Only guessing because most of the people who would notice that haven't typed a word concerning it.

kv

Edit: Found a possible "No one" vs "Noone" typing error. Oh, forgot a smiley :)

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Maybe it's an across the water; word. Lots of stuff we say don't make sense on the street in Britain which might be the location. Only guessing because most of the people who would notice that haven't typed a word concerning it.

kv

Edit: Found a possible "No one" vs "Noone" typing error. Oh, forgot a smiley ":)"
I was yanking his chain. I don't believe it was a typo, I have the feeling the word looked fine to the OP. I just wasn't expecting other people to get involved... Me of all people to not anticipate a correction.

Fun is over.

Captain E

Joined Jun 16, 2015
What the hell does that word mean? Noone, and how is it pronounced? "Noony"? "No-nee"? "No-neigh"? "No-nay"? And what part of the English-speaking world uses it?
Pronounced neighñáy, but the n's are silent and you must yell it out. Does neighñáy!! of you understand complex english?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Pronounced neighñáy, but the n's are silent and you must yell it out. Does neighñáy!! of you understand complex english?
On the street here in my part of America's and be it way back; Nunya; was "non - of you" which is "maybe none-of you" might be closely bound to what your saying?

kv

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
More smilies? urgh... okay... (-_-')

Let me light a fag... (´ー`)y-~~ and pour us some drinks... ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ )Come on... This must be so simple... щ(゚Д゚щ) When something is tricky it makes me so mad... (╬ ಠ益ಠ)

Much like the time I threw my table in a maths exam... (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

... And was then forced to put it back again... ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Ah well, I guess it doesn't really matter... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

... Because you're alright.... (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)