http://imgur.com/Mhkm9vR
Hey guys, I'm reviewing for a test and I'm stuck on this question (75)..
The question is about a p-channel MOSFET with parameters K = -2mA/V^2 and VTR = -1.8 V connected to the circuit (of the picture in my link above). The R2 value is 5.6kohms and V2 = 1V..
Find V1 required to set VDS to 8 V.
I realize this is a p-channel MOSFET and both my K and VTR values are negative therefore I believe it is an Enhancement mode MOSFET stating that in the Constant Current Region : VDS < VGS - VTR
However I can't seem to find a way to find V1 (or VGS) even by solving with KVL across loop 1 and 2..
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hey guys, I'm reviewing for a test and I'm stuck on this question (75)..
The question is about a p-channel MOSFET with parameters K = -2mA/V^2 and VTR = -1.8 V connected to the circuit (of the picture in my link above). The R2 value is 5.6kohms and V2 = 1V..
Find V1 required to set VDS to 8 V.
I realize this is a p-channel MOSFET and both my K and VTR values are negative therefore I believe it is an Enhancement mode MOSFET stating that in the Constant Current Region : VDS < VGS - VTR
However I can't seem to find a way to find V1 (or VGS) even by solving with KVL across loop 1 and 2..
Any help would be greatly appreciated!