Oshonsoft libraries ??

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,
I use the Oshonsoft IPE and simulator exclusively.
I noticed odd things happening, which could be my programming, but I thought I would update Oshonsoft.
Having done that I loaded my latest program, and tried to compile it, and was faced with this:

What do I do?
Camerart.

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi C,
Did you also add the .reg files to your registry for the new upload.?

Also did you delete previous versions of the PIC type compiler.? before installing the new one , then the .reg.???

E
these are an example.
ESP_ 336.png

Last edited:

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi C,
Did you also add the .reg files to your registry for the new upload.?

Also did you delete previous versions of the PIC type compiler.? before installing the new one , then the .reg.???

E
these are an example.
View attachment 239454
Hi E,
It always take a few goes, for me to update.
I added the '[.reg] file.
Right clicked administator.
Same result.
The [.exe] files is updated ok.
Is the [.reg] file the original from when I bought the licence, or is there a payment to get a new one?
C

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi C,
When I have upgraded I have always been issued with a new .reg file, which after loading the new compiler I double click the .reg file and that enters it into the registry.
You must run the newly compiled IDE as Administrator for its first run.
E

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
The older IDE does not support the Compiler Libraries unless you have a compiler license (I think...)
Click on Help in the IDE menu, View License Information, and then the Info button. It will show what is supported.
You have to remember that the original IDE did not support a lot of "features" of the higher end chips like the PIC18F series. It was up to the programmer to do things via registers instead. Once the Basic Compiler came out, he created "libraries" and you need a license to use those, even in the IDE simulator.

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi E and S,
I may have been mixing up udate with upgrade?
Anyway, I bought the latest upgrade, uninstalled, double clicked, installed, right clicked, and the problem appears to have gone, but
When I click help I get this! I hope the message at the bottom is a general one.
Thanks, C.

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi C,
I have just installed on my back up PC, the latest version I downloaded from OSH , sometime last December.
All installed and checked OK.
E

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
hi,
When you double left click, on the reg name, you should see a Windows msg, saying do you want to add, select Yes/OK.
E
Hi E,
Yes, I did this for adding the REG files (once). My question is: If I made a mistake on my 3x uninstall-re-install tries. (I did this in case I got it wrong) Do I need to install the REG files, if I made a mistake?
C

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi ,
You may have noticed that the .reg files have the same user name etc, so re registering should just over write the existing entry in the Registry.

E

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi E and S,
I may have been mixing up udate with upgrade?
Anyway, I bought the latest upgrade, uninstalled, double clicked, installed, right clicked, and the problem appears to have gone, but
When I click help I get this! I hope the message at the bottom is a general one.
Thanks, C.
Hi E,
Received a reply from Vlad! He says that message is a general one. I have the correct one.
C

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
The Basic Compiler license is only valid for a year (thereabouts). After that you have to renew your license. The IDE version does not require renewals.