Oscilliscopes

vineo76

Joined Dec 6, 2004
I have found out how to measure current through a resistor, but I wonder why the current measures are starting to get way off when the resistance is at about lets say 470ohms. I wonder why the current can't be measured at a certain number of resistance. Does anyone know?

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by vineo76@Dec 14 2004, 04:30 AM
I have found out how to measure current through a resistor, but I wonder why the current measures are starting to get way off when the resistance is at about lets say 470ohms. I wonder why the current can't be measured at a certain number of resistance. Does anyone know?
[post=4107]Quoted post[/post]​
You don't say how you are measuring the current. Is it by measuring the voltage across the resistor? If so. the current will be proportional to the measured voltage, whatever the resistance value.

Can you provide a bit more detail?

krgoutham

Joined Dec 8, 2004
Originally posted by vineo76@Dec 13 2004, 11:30 PM
[post=4107]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi
I guess u are the same guy that asked the ammeter question earlier. Did you connect it in series to calculate the amount of current flow through ur circuit??????

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

If the current gets wierd as the resistor value decreases, your source is probably not able to supply the necessary current.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Homework Help 1