Organize links in resources forum?

web

Joined Feb 17, 2008
I'm new here. Just wanted to say thanks to everybody for all the great resources and especially to Tony, Dennis and Dave for all their hard work.

I am wondering if it would be helpful to have all the links in the "Useful websites for electronics" thread on the Electronic Resources forum organized and in the first post. I often see this where the originator of the thread will edit the first post and occasionally update it with new information to make it easier to find.

I can't edit that post but I can organize the links, so I will do that and add it to the end of that thread.

Anybody else have any input?

-web

EDIT: this is the [post=56618]link to the post of organized links[/post].

web

Joined Feb 17, 2008
Disclaimer: I'm new so disregard all this.

Now that I look back on it, I think that [post=56618]organizing the links[/post] was a bad idea. Having people occasionally provide new links to something useful is good because you can review it at your leisure and learn something new. When all the links are organized it can be overwhelming and people will skip through it.

If there is a need for a master list of useful things then it should be short and to the point. I would say have only a handful of categories and only 2 or 3 links in each category. The Admins and Mods could select what they think are best. I say this because if there is a list of 1000 links, then the handful of really good links get lost when mixed with the hundreds of average links.

Other opinions are welcome.

-web

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi web,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to work through the links and produce a comeplete listing of the links in that thread. It is something I intended to do after a suggestion from a previous member. So I personally thank you for saving me quite some time.

Secondly, I think it is best if your post becomes a new thread. I will link through to the old thread so that people may still use the information from there, however the new thread should be the place that all new suggestions are made (pretty much like the old thread).

I think its structure is very clean and concise. As an evolving piece of work we can decide to modify the headings accordingly.

You will be able to edit the thread indefinatly, so if you wish to act as a monitor (someone who helps maintain the website listings) for the thread, please feel free to do so. If you wish for maintenance of the thread to be left with the admin and mods, that is fine. Let me know either way.

Regards,

Dave

web

Joined Feb 17, 2008
If you wish for maintenance of the thread to be left with the admin and mods, that is fine. Let me know either way.
Yes please, I would like the moderation team to handle the thread if that's alright with you. I'm not good at keeping up with this stuff.

To be honest, I was looking for something in particular and have been scouring the forum for it. I figured that since I was looking through all this stuff I might as well organize it. It's my small way of saying thanks to for all the great information you have been providing at this site.

-web

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Yes please, I would like the moderation team to handle the thread if that's alright with you. I'm not good at keeping up with this stuff.
No problem.

To be honest, I was looking for something in particular and have been scouring the forum for it. I figured that since I was looking through all this stuff I might as well organize it. It's my small way of saying thanks to for all the great information you have been providing at this site.

-web
Thank you. The members of this site are grateful for your efforts and the new thread will hopefully be of benefit to many people.

Dave