Optocoupler power supply

Alchemy One

Joined Oct 5, 2019
Hello,
This circuit board seem to be power supply that lights up a lamp/light to a projector. It seem to supply 70 volts to the light bulb.
Having what appear to be 3 optocouplers would indicate the supply to the light bulb must be 70 VDC.
So I am wondering what low voltage do I supply to these wires and in what manner. There seem to be 1 white and 4 green/brown wires that feeds the optocouplers.
I would think the white wire is the ground and the other 4 wires power from a DC power source.
Pictures included.
Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Alchemy One

Joined Oct 5, 2019
What is the device number on the opto's?
Max.
It is difficult to see it, however it is PC 123. Here is a pic from online. It is 5 volts supply but how is it that there is 5 wires, of which 4 in maybe power (?) feeding 3 optocoupler. It is typically 2 in put and 2 out put for each and if you combine them all, it still doesn't add up.
Furthermore I should be able to directly supply the light bulb with a DC power supply and get some amount of light out of it even if it be 30 volts. maybe not.
I don't know if they bulbs are mercury or whatever filled. This moldel maybe an old version but their decendents can be found online and sure they are not cheap.
I got this out of a Hitachi projector that had things missing and the projector was working fine and turned on without any problem.
So why in the world I can't turn this on by supplying power. How could there be any mystery to it. I didn't shake or bust it or anything and it is not like I am trying to run some motor or something.
These lights are suppose to be quite bright from what I found it. Could easily be 3000 lumens.
I should mention that I even supplied it with ac if just for 10th of a second. Nothing. I don't see any burned or loose anything inside the bulb.

Attachments

Last edited: