Optical sensor for production display

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Optical sensor and ultrasonic and two different methods.
Optical device uses photo diode emitters and receivers

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Hello,
How to develop a optical sensor for production display I.R. with Photo diode or ultrasonic.
The development for the optical sensor or any sensor for an Andon System depends on what you want to count. You choose the sensor based on the application. If you are counting finished product coming off a line you use a sensor best suited for what you are counting. You can use for example IR Beam or IR Reflected or conventional LDR with a light beam and in some rare cases maybe ultrasonic. This will always go back to EXACTLY what you want to do or count. The best choice is what works best for your specific application.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Hello,
OK, can you tell more about Andon Display?
The "Andon" system or Andon Display is a piece of a Quality Control System. It's just a tool used in a larger system to insure quality of parts being manufactured and a tool used to send up a warning when for example parts being manufactured do not meet quality standards. It can also be used to gauge production of parts. An Andon Display can be as simple as a chalkboard sign and does not need to be electronic or computer driven in any way. Andon is a system which is generally part of a larger system to improve the quality of parts or products manufactured in a manufacturing environment. Again, it is only a tool, that is all it is. A tool which is part of a larger system such as a quality control system. A simple Google of Andon will bring up hundreds of examples.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
What quality does it do?
It does not "do" quality, it helps to insure quality. Quality is a qualitative term, it is a noun in the English language. The word quality denotes a degree of excellence. The standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind; the degree of excellence of something. How good or bad something is. All of this also holds true to a manufacturing process. The Andon System is merely a tool within a Quality Assurance System. As a tool it can have many uses to insure parts and services fall within defined specifications. I can also use the system to measure the parts and services produced over 3 shifts of workers in a 3 shift 24/7 factory and compare production goals. The Andon System can note when parts begin to drift from nominal tolerances allowing a manufacturing or production line to be shut down before non conforming parts are made.

What types of sensor are used?
I explained that earlier. I am not going to repeat myself over and over again. There can be many types of sensors depending on what we are measuring. You choose a sensor for an application be it for an Andon System or any other system of Quality Control. There is no one single type of sensor. There are many types of sensors and measurement gauges used in a quality system to make sure products conform to specifications. Many of these gauges and sensors have nothing to do with electronics.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Hello,
In this display, how the alphabets are lighted as in case of seven segment has in build LEDs
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6YcdyAFbG...AAAQw/V9JnKqAQ88w/s1600/2I6D3R-TAE-OFF-01.jpg
It looks like a LED display board? That's all it is, it's just a display board used to convey information. The technology can be LED, LCD, Plasma Display or just about any other technology used to display data or information. In that case the data displayed is Andon information. Target, Actual, Efficiency could be for making assembly line parts on a factory shift. Target = 100 (How many we want to make), Actual = 80 (How many we actually made) and Efficiency = Actual 80 / Target 100 = 0.8 and to express as a percentage 0.8 * 100 = 80%. So the Efficiency expressed as a percent was 80% or we made 80% of our target goal.

The image you linked to is only a sign, that is all it is. The sign has alphanumeric characters (letters and numbers) the display technology looks to be LED on that sign. The sign can display any type of data including but not limited to Andon data. The data can be displayed using any number of display technologies and the displayed data can be managed by any number of technologies. So exactly what is your point with all of this?

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Hello,
Please tell more about these system it also have data loggers to provide saved information..?
There really isn't all that much to tell. Any large manufacturing base uses different "tools" to manage their production and the quality of their production. Throughout the manufacturing process various test and inspections can be performed on parts being manufactured to insure those parts conform to specifications.There are volumes of text and books written on this stuff. Yes, systems like this have and use data loggers to store information and show "trends" allowing for trend analysis. There is no way all of this can be covered in a simple online forum discussion, absolutely no way to0 cover it all. I suggest you Google and read about W. Edwards Deming and his philosophy on quality in manufacturing, also Google and read about Lean Six Sigma and how it applies to quality in manufacturing. I told you Andon is just another tool used within a quality system of manufacturing. If you want to learn more and understand these tools I suggest books on the subjects because, again, there is no way to cover this material in simple forum post day after day.

Ron