Optical communication

donindianew

Joined Jul 16, 2015
Hi,

I need to setup a fiber optic link of 10 km length. Unfortunately I have Transmitter of 1310 nm and Semiconductor optical amplifier which works on 1550 nm wavelength. How can I send and amplify optical pulses using these components. I request someone to help me here.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
If you want to get help then you need to provide some more infos as:
1. The datasheet of Transmitter?
2. The datasheet of optical amplifier?
3. You just want to send pulses or data clocks, and the width of pulse, the frequency of data clocks?
4. What is the receiver side?
5. Do you have any schematic?
More infos and more easier to get more answers.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Hi,

I need to setup a fiber optic link of 10 km length. Unfortunately I have Transmitter of 1310 nm and Semiconductor optical amplifier which works on 1550 nm wavelength. How can I send and amplify optical pulses using these components. I request someone to help me here.
Sometimes questions on this forum are totally baffling. This one is a good example.

You're transmitting data for 10km (6.2 miles). This is world-class stuff we're talking about. There are only a handful of possibilities for how/why you need to transfer fiber data that far, and all of them involve vast amounts of money; amounts of money SO vast that things like purchasing the proper transmitter/receiver are of ZERO consequence. So why the HELL are you on a hobbyist forum asking how jerry-rig some kluge setup to make the incorrect transmitter work? Just buy the damn transmitter that you're supposed to have. Your boss will appreciate you, a whole lot more than he will appreciate you saving a couple hundred dollars (or rupees or whatever).

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi,

I do not believe this is even remotely possible. What makes you think it is?