OpenSuse 12

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It's fancy I must admit. :D

Finally after a long long time I finally got a workable image.
But one problem, I wrote 3 DVD's at but everyone is giving me file error of some sort some where during installation. :mad:

I tried Nero ISO burn at lower speed from 8X to 4X. Both DVD's gives error at different points. Last I tried windows image burner, this one went pretty far but with 2 errors but not critical. But I cannot log in.

So now I am trying with a USB boot thingy. Using this method my friend who downloaded me the ISO said tht it goes fine without a problem. And it seems fine and the installation is pretty fast.

But still I like to keep a DVD copy of the OS.
Any Idea on how I can create without any errors.
Oh and by the way, the OpenSuse image writer is only showing USB drives. My DVD burner is not listed in it. So I cannot use there image burner to burn the OS image :(

I am wondering why ?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
U think my PC is crawling....Guess again.!
I know what...I'll try a different DVD writer, hmmm.. Time to get a BluRay drive...

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
U think my PC is crawling
Didn't you have an ant farm in there. :D

Trying with another DVD writer, was plan B. Plan C is getting a brand new writer. :)

Lately I've made an USB stick with the different Ubuntu versions on. I find the Ubuntu distro to be very easy to use, and highly configurable. One drawback is the Eagle application. As per now, I've not been able to install the latest version, because of some lib errors.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ant farm wasn't paying the rent. So I had to annihilate the lot.

Me know where a blu ray drive is....!