Op-amp

atlas

Joined Jul 18, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if there's an op-amp that can amplify few micro volts to volts...As I need to design an op-amp integrator that can amplify few micro volts to volts... Please if there's just tell me the model name.. Thanks a lot ...

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Could you quantify your requirement a bit better? How many microvolts, and how many volts? It will be easier if you use multiple devices, rather than one, considering the amount of amplification.

I believe you might want to do your amplification, and then integrate the result. Do you have a circuit you can post for commentary?

atlas

Joined Jul 18, 2006
I need to desgin an integrator where the in the put to this integrator will be in terms of micro volts.. For example, 60 micro volts of input and the integrated result would be 6 volts.This means the input will always be in terms of microvolts and the integrator should be able to amplify it to volts .Just like when ideal integrator works.

atlas

Joined Jul 18, 2006
Yeah what you said is correct, but my input keeps changing, it's not constant coz if it's constant then my op-amp will go into sautration. My input is in terms of micro volts and keeps changing.. I would like to go for a gain of 100,000 but do u think there's a way to do that in one step rather two steps??
Thanks a lot for your reply....

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

You can always try to get there in one step. Look for an op amp with extremely low offset current, as that will cause output errors.

With proper feedback, a static input should not cause your op amp to sautrate. perhaps you could post a circuit to help the discussion?

atlas

Joined Jul 18, 2006
Thanks a lot guys. I found an excellent op-amp with very low offset voltage (op297)..

I'm wondering if there's Controlled Current Source IC compnent in the market.. If you know please let me know.....

atlas

Joined Jul 18, 2006
Is there an op-amp with offset voltage of nanovolts?? As I tried to look for this type but what I found was in terms of microvolts.. Thanks a lot

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
atlas said:
Is there an op-amp with offset voltage of nanovolts?? As I tried to look for this type but what I found was in terms of microvolts.. Thanks a lot
Have you looked at chopper stabilised op-amps?

atlas

Joined Jul 18, 2006
I'm looking for a current controlled source, but I cannt really find any.. Does anyone know about it??