OP Amp Book Anyone?

Vckay

Joined Aug 7, 2005
Hi there,
I am looking for a good OP Amp book. One that focusses more in depth on OP amp circuits and design.Most of the books like Sedra & Smith are really good but they don't focus on many of the applications,which is why I am here.

Could you please look through your libraries and recommend your favorites (Especially the ones you found useful in your undergrad courses) to me?

Thanks in advance. :)
Newbie in Op Amps

Vckay

Joined Aug 7, 2005
Originally posted by Papabravo@May 4 2006, 07:01 AM
IC Op Amp Cookbook
[post=16781]Quoted post[/post]​

Hi Papabravo,
Thanks for the response.I don't mean to sound ungrateful but could you also recommend another book. I am afraid that Op - Amp Cookbook is not yet available in my country.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
If your willing to splash some cash, buy The Art of Electronics. Although it is getting a little dated, a lot of the circuits (not just op amp circuits) are superbly explained. An added bonus for many is the lack of focus on the Maths involved; I know this is why a lot of people I know are not fond of Sedra and Smiths book.

Dave

Vckay

Joined Aug 7, 2005
@thingmaker:
Thank you. The book looks interesting.

@Dave:
I do have both the Art of Electronics and Sedra & Smith's book.Both books although extremely good, like any general electronics text book , focus only on the more popular op amp applications which is why I am looking for a book that focusses exclusively on Op amps and their applications.

Thank you for all your responses.

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Although not a book, I find that NatSemi Op Amp Circuit Collection (AN31) is extremely useful. It doesn't have any op amp theory, only pages after pages of op amp circuits which are very useful if you need insight of what can be done with op amps.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by Vckay@May 4 2006, 01:06 AM
Hi Papabravo,
Thanks for the response.I don't mean to sound ungrateful but could you also recommend another book. I am afraid that Op - Amp Cookbook is not yet available in my country.
[post=16788]Quoted post[/post]​
Amazon.com will ship anywhere, won't it?

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by Vckay@May 3 2006, 08:04 PM
Hi there,
I am looking for a good OP Amp book. One that focusses more in depth on OP amp circuits and design.Most of the books like Sedra & Smith are really good but they don't focus on many of the applications,which is why I am here.

Could you please look through your libraries and recommend your favorites (Especially the ones you found useful in your undergrad courses) to me?
Thanks in advance. :)
Newbie in Op Amps
[post=16779]Quoted post[/post]​
Vckay,

Here is a treatise on operational amplifiers which provides a good foundation for individuals interested in learning about opamps.

Burr-Brown OpAmp Handbook

hgmjr

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by Papabravo@May 4 2006, 09:57 PM
Amazon.com will ship anywhere, won't it?
[post=16811]Quoted post[/post]​
I'm not sure that they do. I know that there are certain restrictions on shipping abroad from Amazon.co.uk, but that may just be a UK thing.

Dave

haditya

Joined Jan 19, 2004
if you are looking for a book that focuses on details of an opamp... u can check out the book on opamp theory and application by tobey , grahame et al... if from the burr brown series.. so it should be similar to the burr brown opamp handbook pposted above