Once a minute 'ding' chime ?

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Many ways to make such project, but would prefer something clever from you, guys...
Can be a mechanical ding, or a pleasant electronic sound ding -no buzzers- , to be powered from any AC or DC 5V to 240V as some stoves have the neon pilot light and some have an electronic control board as powering sources. Trying to avoid conventional transformer-rectifier-filter-regulator power supplies. A repurposed 'usb' charger could work too, as is abundant, very small and cheap. Or is there one in the market ?

It is to remind an elderly person that the stove is on. :oops: To be mounted behind the stove controls panel, nothing exposed.

Open to use a common auto chime as for door, keys-on, seat belt... canibalizabre from a boneyard.

Last edited:

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Many ways to make such project, but would prefer something clever from you, guys...
Can be a mechanical ding, or a pleasant electronic sound ding -no buzzers- , to be powered from any AC or DC 5V to 240V as some stoves have the neon pilot light and some have an electronic control board as powering sources. Trying to avoid conventional transformer-rectifier-filter-regulator power supplies. A repurposed 'usb' charger could work too, as is abundant, very small and cheap. Or is there one in the market ?

It is to remind an elderly person that the stove is on. :oops: To be mounted behind the stove controls panel, nothing exposed.

Open to use a common auto chime as for door, keys-on, seat belt... canibalizabre from a boneyard.

In my case, 73yo (not sure how much I qualify as elderly) I am almost 90% deaf.

Sound is not the best I think; go for something with a luminous effect.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Well "dings" are kinda hard to hear at advanced ages. Something loud and raucous ~1khz or so. Maybe even an amp after the sound module to pump up the volume. Or whatever it is that is in our dryer that makes that horrible noise when it finishes its cycle. Or one of those red flashers found on the top of children's fireman helmets.

Last edited: