Oh god! David Blaines playing with Tesla coils like he invented them.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
that one makes me angry because the opinion is that he's the first to wear a Faraday cage and stand by a Tesla coil
He's not the first to be ignorant of history ... and he won't be the last.

Those knowledgable have the duty to correct it when you see it, otherwise they may become the first, by popular opinion.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
http://news.yahoo.com/video/blaine-goes-shock-factor-latest-043757888.html
that one makes me angry because the opinion is that he's the first to wear a Faraday cage and stand by a Tesla coil :p
Exactly it was a carnival side show for 100 years.

As for video I liked Comments 2 and 3. "Hows he gonna goto the bathroom in that stuff?" "And I'm not really impressed with this. This isn't near a cool as his other stunts. Commenter 1 I wanted to hit in hte head with a 2x4.

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Yup, saw a post about it over at ETO, I believe. It's a very cheap trick. There is no danger involved whatsoever. He's taking advantage of all the stupid, naive, ignorant, and/or uninformed people. It's unethical, if you ask me--instilling fear in helpless spectators for no reason whatsoever....

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
that one makes me angry because the opinion is that he's the first to wear a Faraday cage and stand by a Tesla coil :p
You referring to the same guy who talked about "the circuits flowing through him"?

Cheap trick. Doing something marginally cool for a really long time doesn't make it really cool.