OFF: Would you forgive her for cheating?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Remember that girlfriends stays for maybe months, years, even decades, but your friends stay for life!
You sound like Fonzie from Happy Days. :)

"Steady girls are here today, steady friends are here to stay:.
Arthur Fonzarelli

Funny though I have lost touch with my friends from years gone by. But I guess they are still my friends. :)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
If a mature women cheats. Trust me. She will do it again.

U know I have walked down that road.

The only way you can be comfortable is to forgive her. Just say it to her face to face.." I forgive you".

And move on....there are more where they came from. believe me.
With so many women, how did you notice? :)

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I had a few u know..!

Old and young....

Cheaters and The ever loving types..

One thing you guys won't believe is that when the end nears, women will out number us men.
And there is more but you guys will feel uncomfortable if I say it, I mean about women. So I will leave it till a curious mind arrives.

hwy101

Joined May 23, 2009
I had a few u know..!

Old and young....

One thing you guys won't believe is that when the end nears, women will out number us men.
And there is more but you guys will feel uncomfortable if I say it, I mean about women. So I will leave it till a curious mind arrives.
you must have been abducted by aliens sometime in the past :eek:

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I had a few u know..!

Old and young....

you can say it...

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I'll be honest with you, I was not 100% sure to choose either way - dumping her or making a fresh start with her.

This decision was made after we had several long conversations with each other about that, and she made a very great effort to bring me back to her.

But it was harder for me to make a fresh starts while I have my doubts, rather than let her go carrying these doubts.

Now, I'm in a tough situation, I miss the way we felt so comfortable with each other, and I don't know when I'll find it again in someone else.

So, it's not that I'm truly happy with my decision..
You made the right choice. It was only a month, and if you find someone else you click with (there are plenty out there), you'll feel comfortable with them too.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I can't agree with anybody here except for maxpower & R!f@@. Once a cheater, always a cheater. And each time it gets easier for them to do. You've only got a month invested in the relationship; if you had been together for a few years I could see this being a hard decision, but from where I sit, the answer looks obvious. The whole point of dating is to learn what a person is like BEFORE you commit to a serious life-long gig. You dated, you learned: She has no self control. You started to defend her at the beginning, something like we only got together on the weekends, I know it was hard for her; she doesn't deserve any defense. People respect boundries or they don't. When I was in the military this was a big problem. I saw lots of guys marriages go down the drain while they were on deployment because it was "too hard" for their wives to remain faithful for a few months. This propensity to defend them is crap. I've been seperated from my wife for months at a time and neither of us were so weak that we had to engage in bedplay with someone else. If she can't physically contain her feelings for 7 days that's a huge problem.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Id have to agree with Strantor on this one. My wife & ive been seperated for long times when we were young & had no problems & we have now been married for 42 yrs. The early days was when i was away for weeks working on a fishing boat.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
strantor said:
I can't agree with anybody here except for maxpower & R!f@@. Once a cheater, always a cheater. And each time it gets easier for them to do. You've only got a month invested in the relationship; if you had been together for a few years I could see this being a hard decision, but from where I sit, the answer looks obvious. The whole point of dating is to learn what a person is like BEFORE you commit to a serious life-long gig.
Id have to agree with Strantor on this one. My wife & ive been seperated for long times when we were young & had no problems & we have now been married for 42 yrs. The early days was when i was away for weeks working on a fishing boat.
At least no infidelity that you know of.

Personally, if I don't know about it, it's like it never happened. And if I learn about it, it will depend on the occasion.

I don't give ultimatums, they might come back to bite me from behinds.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Chicks are well known for keeping a "so-so guy" on the hook while they look for a "better guy". Maybe not all chicks but it is a very common behaviour.

You were lucky I think to find out what she was doing while it was early in the relationship and it was easy enough to cut her loose.

Trust me, you deserve to BE the "better guy". :)

dMoser

Joined Aug 25, 2011
Guys! thank you so much for your honest opinions on this situation.
I really learned a lot from your points of view.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Chicks are well known for keeping a "so-so guy" on the hook while they look for a "better guy". Maybe not all chicks but it is a very common behaviour.

You were lucky I think to find out what she was doing while it was early in the relationship and it was easy enough to cut her loose.

Trust me, you deserve to BE the "better guy". :)
When the mans right he's right..The problem is its so easy for a female to cheat on a male. A male its actually 100 times harder to find a women. Its proven fact more women cheat then men. I was guy number 4 a couple months ago. I found that out and ran her to the curb. Plus with modern feminization women want to be like men. So when they want to act all hoey they can just pick up any guy they want. They don't understand when it comes to sex because of the difference between men and women that it just doesn't fly.

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
At least no infidelity that you know of.
That's a slightly irritating insinuation geo. Don't you have any social skills? ;)

Personally, if I don't know about it, it's like it never happened. And if I learn about it, it will depend on the occasion.

I don't give ultimatums, they might come back to bite me from behinds.
I told my wife that if she ever did cheat on me, she had better do everything in her power to keep me from finding out about it. No letting the cat out of the bag to soothe her hurting conscience. She will have to live with it for the rest of her life, because if I ever find out, that's the end. And no, I would never forgive her.
Whether or not all that I said is actually true, I don't know. Never been in the scenario. I might forgive her, but she can't know that.