Notifications-When?

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Besides the different reasons, worth to keep in mind that once you got a bell for a certain thread, you won't get another one if you do not visit the thread. If you do, a fresh bell could show up.

/EDIT to add
If you go to Find a thread, you could find those still unread, thus not showing fresh bells even if there was reason for that to happen.
EDIT/
Hmmm....o_O

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I only got an alert from you and lost the other two that they should be from shortbus and Max post, and that situation just like atferrari mentioned in #10.
o_OIf I have to visit the read to get an alert, then what is the point of having alerts?

Nevertheless, even if I visit the thread, I still don't consistently get alerts.

Last edited:

hrs

Joined Jun 13, 2014
When I log in while viewing a thread that would have generated a notification due to quote etc I don't get a notification because visiting a thread for which I was notified removes that notification. Do you always land on the forum index?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
o_OIf I have to visit the read to get an alert, then what is the point of having alerts?

Nevertheless, even if I visit the thread, I still don't consistently get alerts.
You get alerts because you have posted any comments on the thread, if you only visit the thread, the system doesn't send and it is unnecessary to send the alerts to you.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
I started using this method some time ago.
Create a Bookmark.
When viewed, all the updated threads are in Bold type, just click on the right side Time and it shows the latest Post on that Thread.
E
ESP_ 576 Jul. 11 14.35.png

Update:
Find the URL by select as per this image.
ESP_ 577 Jul. 11 14.40.png

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
You get alerts because you have posted any comments on the thread, if you only visit the thread, the system doesn't send and it is unnecessary to send the alerts to you.
that dosnt work for me ,
email I understand is one problem,
but as to is the bell indicating a new reply or not, is also very random,