North Korean fashion

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I picked up this about North Korean fashion.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oose-18-officially-sanctioned-hairstyles.html
Women are 'encouraged' (good knows how)to choose from 18 officially sanctioned hairstyles, and men only get ten!. Those lucky North Koreans! My hair stylist only know one style. Ok he is somewhat cheap. A hair cut for men can easy cost about 82 dollars in a saloon. But my hair stylist only take 22 dollars. But I do not care much. May hair has always done as it pleases anyway. Unless I use some industrial strength hair gel.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I had surgery on my neck 22 days ago. I look worse than ANY of those Korean Haircuts!
More like a Dandy Dinmont than anything else.

Attachments

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
At the end of the 1980s SEGA came to our town. Supposed to be japanese. The new big thing...

Times have changed. Nowadays it has to be something north Korean to be exciting.

Hope it is not a bomb- please keep them INSIDE the country.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Us old hippies don't like white sidewalls.
In fact, it's been so long since I had short hair that the back of my head feels cold!
Every time I stop walking, the air moving behind me hits the back of me and I know my hair is short. Can't wait to get over this!

ps, the surgery did well. Killed the bad thing, didn't leave me looking like I had a stroke, and that is good enough for me.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
If they are trying to prevent westernization, why are all of the haircuts the most iconic hairctyles in the US from the 70s-90s?:confused:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
@ T06, what number is your choice of haircuts,are you ready for a bride.
If think I liked the hair style girl 12 best. But I fear she will not like me. I think she will see me as a lost cause. To much influenced by decadent western cultural imperialism

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Even though I 'm sure no North Korean will ever read your writings, this is no reason to start a political thread.

Just a reminder.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Even though I 'm sure no North Korean will ever read your writings, this is no reason to start a political thread.

Just a reminder.
As you may know Culture imperialism is referring to the creation and maintenance of unequal relationships between civilizations favoring the more powerful civilization. Nothing political in that. And I for sure will not bring this up to a political level yet. You as male should hopefully knowing a thing or two about lovesickness. Should support me. And not give me a political lecture in such a moment.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Nononono. You got me wrong. If I believed your comment was political I would have said it clearly and done something about it. I 'm not afraid to say what I believe.

Your comment just reminded me of some recent threads gone bad and I felt like putting that reminder there to save this one.

I hope I didn't cause you too much frustration. Sorry for not explaining myself thoroughly.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Nononono. You got me wrong. If I believed your comment was political I would have said it clearly and done something about it. I 'm not afraid to say what I believe.

Your comment just reminded me of some recent threads gone bad and I felt like putting that reminder there to save this one.

I hope I didn't cause you too much frustration. Sorry for not explaining myself thoroughly.
Apology accepted! By the way now as we have established that hair style girl 12 i my kind of my territory and this is not political motivated. Which one would you (purely hypothetical of course) selected as your future
to be. We are a open minded forum. So if you prefer one of Elvis impersonators (at least in hair style) on the other poster. I guess that is OK to:p

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
If I had to choose, I 'd say No5.

But I 'm really not into Asian figures. Not my cup of tea.

I definitely prefer mid-south European traits in a woman.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Where's all the blondes and redheads?? :eek:

It must get really boring when everyone has beige skin, brown eyes and black hair. "Have you seen my new girlfriend?"... "No, but I'm betting good money she has beige skin, brown eyes, black hair and small boobs". Wouldn't that just take all the fun out of blind dates?

Maybe in the future Asian countries can use genetic engineering to get some diversity back in their people?

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
Hairstyle of #12, but wearing #11's glasses.
I've always been a freak for women as tall as 6'1", brunettes, and glasses. They have those long legs, all the way up to Wonderland.;)